Walk With Ease is a six-week, evidence-based program appropriate for adults with, or without, arthritis. Studies show that Walk With Ease is proven to reduce the pain and discomfort of arthritis; increase balance, strength, and walking; build confidence in one’s ability to be physically active; and improve one’s overall health. Walk With Ease can be offered as self-directed or in a community group-based setting.
The program is facilitated by certified instructors with training in group exercise and arthritis conditions and is conducted in small, supportive group settings. The only pre-requisite for program participants is the ability to be on one’s feet for at least 10 minutes without feeling increased pain. Walk With Ease is offered three times per week for 45-60 minutes for six weeks and does not require any equipment.
- Arthritis Foundation Walk With Ease Program Website
- Arthritis Foundation Walk With Ease Self-Directed Enhanced Program Kit
- AFAA Arthritis Foundation Walk With Ease Instructor Certification Course
- Medical Community Partnerships 101 Training (LCDC)
- Medical Community Partnerships 201 Training (LCDC)
- YMCA of the USA Walkability Digital Storybook – Oneonta Family YMCA Walk With Ease Pilot
- Arthritis Foundation Walk With Ease Participant Guidebook (for purchase)
- Walk With Ease Digital Success Story
2021-2022 Walk With Ease Grant Application
In support of the Y’s cause of strengthening communities and improving the nation’s health and wellbeing, the Arthritis Foundation’s Walk With Ease Program can help participants overcome the obstacles of living with arthritis and revitalize their health. Funds from the New York State Department of Health Arthritis Program and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will support the New York State YMCA Foundation, Inc. as it looks to scale Walk With Ease throughout New York State.
To view the webinar recording, CLICK HERE.
- February Call Recording
- February Call Slides
- March Call Recording
- March Call Slides
- May Call Recording
- May Call Slides
Online Grant Portal
Click on the following link to access our new online Grant Portal: