The Alliance of New York State YMCAs is comprised of 40 independent Ys and more than 130 YMCA branches, making up an extraordinary group of dedicated nonprofits working together to strengthen the communities in NY! Each of our Ys are equipped and motivated to deliver lasting personal and social development to people of all ages, races, backgrounds, faiths, abilities and income levels.
The Alliance of New York State YMCAs, Inc. is a not-for-profit association representing the interests and concerns of independent YMCAs throughout New York State. We are a grassroots driven and governed organization that advocates and educates on behalf of the YMCA and its mission to promote youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.We diligently monitor legislative and regulatory issues and educate policymakers on all of the community services provided by YMCAs throughout the Empire State.
The Alliance serves member YMCAs by actively advocating, and functioning as a resource for Ys in the four strategic objectives of:
• Public Policy & External Relations
• Public Funding & Financial Resources
• Member Services
• Statewide Collaborations
Our association links the ambition of advocacy and public policy ingenuity with sound resources and tradition. Statewide YMCA collaboration benefits all YMCAs across the Empire State by providing a cohesive and unified structure established to preserve and enhance the YMCA mission.
The goal of the Alliance is to sustain and enhance the YMCA through public policy initiatives, communications, effective programming and member services.
– Represent, serve and advocate for the YMCAs in New York State.
– Provide a Statewide entity that unifies YMCAs and enhances communications.
– Act as YMCAs’ resource for government related programs, standards, laws and regulations.
– Network and collaborate with like minded statewide organizations and youth advocacy programs.
-Actively perform as a recognized affiliate of the YMCA of the USA.